either you put this many questions marks ???????????? or you put none
*loses a follower*
*checks fave mutuals*
yeah ok whatever later nerd
Anime make you cry so hard you gotta pause the video cause your tears in the way of you reading the subtitles
the fact that there are animals who can see colors that i cant which means that there are colors that exist that it is literally impossible for me to envision is such fucking bullshit that i wanna rip open a couch and eat it
Humans have 3 types of rods for processing color (red green and blue). Mantis Shrimp have 16.
Fucking shrimp. I will NOT be jealous of food.
- reached for the last snack item at the same time au
- accidentally ‘borrowed’ their towel at their gym au
- saw their number graffitied on a toilet stall au
- "which asshole hasn’t returned the dvd i want yet" au
- parents signed them up for the same shitty art/science program au
- met on omegle au
- thirst follow au
- mail keeps coming to the wrong address au
- "you know you’re singing to your headphones out loud, right" au
- beat the crap out of each other in online multiplayer au
- worked really well together in online co-op au
- "i think your dog likes my dog" au
- kissed them as a distraction while stealing their wallet au
This specifically refers to a hand striking the side of a person’s face, tells quite a different story when placed in it’s proper historical context. In Jesus’s time, striking someone of a lower class ( a servant) with the back of the hand was used to assert authority and dominance. If the persecuted person “turned the other cheek,” the discipliner was faced with a dilemma. The left hand was used for unclean purposes, so a back-hand strike on the opposite cheek would not be performed. Another alternative would be a slap with the open hand as a challenge or to punch the person, but this was seen as a statement of equality. Thus, by turning the other cheek the persecuted was in effect putting an end to the behavior or if the slapping continued the person would lawfully be deemed equal and have to be released as a servant/slave.
THAT makes a lot more sense, now, thank you.
So Jesus is advocating a nonviolent psychological warfare tactic exploiting social norms re: dominance & perceived superiority.
I like Jesus an awful lot.